A few days ago I posted that I had been selected to speak at SQL Saturday in Oslo. You know what they say, “SQL Saturday’s are like buses. You wait for one and two come along at the same time”. I am really happy to announce that I will be speaking at SQL Saturday in Manchester UK. On the 24th and 25th of July Manchester will play host to a SQL Saturday!
Not only is this the first time there has been a SQL Saturday in Manchester, this is the first time I will have been to Manchester! I live in the Southwest of the UK in Exeter and I never have a great need to head further north than Bristol (83 miles or 133 KM – terrible I know) so I am really looking forward to this event!
When I originally wrote this post there was not a great deal of information about the training days on offer at SQL Saturday Manchester. Well the team have pushed an update out and they are great (So great I had to come back and edit the post). Manchester has 6 training day session.
1. Building Big Data Solutions with Microsoft Azure HDInsight – Graeme Malcolm | Microsoft
2. Machine Learning without a PhD in statistics – Andrew Fryer | Microsoft
3. SQL Server Business Intelligence – Chris Testa-O’Neill
4. SQL Server 2014 In-memory technologies – Tony Rogerson
5. Practical R: A hands-on training day – Steph Locke
6. Data Management Lifecycle by Redgate
I am hoping to extend my visit in Manchester and see Mr Fryer’s session on Machine Learning. If I could split myself I would go and see Steph Locke’s session. Steph did a similar session in Exeter and it was a great success!
Make sure you check out the event/schedule and I will see you on July 25th in Manchester!